Leslie McCormick, MA, LPC, R-DMT
Making the decision to begin or resume psychotherapy is often both exciting and intimidating. Please let me know what, if any, concerns you may have about the therapy process. I have significant experience in the field and can offer you information, referrals, and resources to help you begin (or begin again) your work in therapy with confidence and optimism.
My approach is collaborative, so once we begin, we pace the work so you can recognize, feel, and integrate changes. This is your journey. My expertise and heart are here to serve you in your unique process of healing/development: together, we will learn what is optimal for you.
I can help you:
- Discover, accept, and expand who you are and who you can be
- Work with your mind to “hardwire” your brain for happiness
- Explore and strengthen your body-mind intelligence
- Understand, embrace, and move toward what you want
- Experience yourself in relationship in a more authentic and peaceful way
- Find fulfillment by accessing and growing your inner Wise One
- Tap into motivation for making life-affirming changes
- Heal and thrive after traumatic events, abuse, or neglect
- Turn spiritual crisis into spiritual growth
- Heal or make peace with unresolved aspects of the past
- Develop a healthy, loving relationship with yourself
- Learn the skills needed for healthy, satisfying relationships
- Grow affective capacities in specific parts of the brain
- Tolerate intense feelings in order to turn intimidation into confidence
- Get the edge on internalized oppression
- Develop creativity and move through creativity blocks
Practicing in Colorado since 2005, I join with clients to achieve a range of goals. I approach our work together with an appreciation for the power of present-moment awareness, creativity, and the intelligence of the body-mind totality. I offer my expertise and engage your strengths to move you toward your fulfillment. Integrity, high quality discernment, humor, and love for people are at the foundation of my work. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Registered Dance/Movement Therapist, and a local board member of the American Dance Movement Therapy Association. My areas of specialization include self-actualization, creativity, LGBTIQ care, life transitions, family-of-origin issues, and trauma. I see clients in Boulder and Longmont.
My approach begins with valuing where you are on your journey of healing, growth, or transformation. Are you ready to replace life-limiting habits with new action steps, but not sure how? Do you want to access or develop the Wise One within you? Do you want someone to understand you deeply? Do you need to share what happened for the first time? Is it time to feel and move instead of talk? Are you curious about what you can learn when you allow your body to speak?
Our bodies hold the resources and the specific information we each need for refined psychological development and spiritual growth. As with dream work, somatic psychotherapy and depth-based authentic movement give light to the keys our individual psyches need, at a precise moment in time, to move forward in our evolution as humans. I offer guidance in the somatic processes that unlatch the next movements in your authentic expression of wakefulness.
Psychological insights remain adolescent until they are thoroughly known on the level of the body. For many, somatic psychotherapy matures prior gains and fills in important gaps that convert knowledge into deeply embodied wisdom. For others, it is a doorway to begin the journey of healing and growth.
To schedule an initial consultation, call 720-284-1197.